Share it

Friday, 9 November 2012

Blogging Anniversary

Today marks the 9th Anniversary of my starting to blog. That first blog was hosted by guruinternational .com which then transfered to mu.nu and the Blog name changed from "The Gray Monk" to "The Gray Monk's Scriptorium" when I transfered it to Blogspot in April 2009. The first post I made is still available to those who wish to see it.

There were several reasons for making the move, one of which was that Munu was under daily spam attack and I spent an awful lot of time deleting literally hundreds of spam "comments" every day. The other was that, as I was 'piggy-backed' on a friend's blog, I didn't have the ability to get into the Munu system to change settings and layouts. So, rather sadly, as PixyMisa had been very encouraging and helpful in many matters, as has Jon my "Guru" from Guruinternational, I decided the time had come to'go it alone.'

In many ways, blogging has been cathartic. I've been able to vent my anger and frustrations about certain things, celebrate and share others and generally build quite a large friendship across the world. In a sense, blogging is the new form of "Radio Ham" membership which I first encountered in my 'youff.'

Sadly, in the time I've been blogging, I've lost a few friends to the Grim Reaper. One such was Church Mouse who used to edit some of my posts and feed news items she thought I might like to comment on. Others are still around, but no longer blog, though I am still in touch with many. It has been a rewarding experience and an enriching one, not least because of the breadth of views and the range of people, backgrounds and expertise one finds among them.

So, today I celebrate nine years on the Blogosphere, thanks to everyone who has read my ramblings, posted their own comments and views and sometimes corrected me on issues. I hope to continue for many more!

1 comment: