There was an error in this gadget

Monday, 15 April 2013

Keeping up with Harry ...

Harry has now reached his almost adult size, certainly his coat is now getting a more adult appearance, and his interest in everything we encounter on our walks can be tricky. Like this morning's meeting a just out of hibernation snake. Not being an expert on European snakes I gave it a wide berth - then had to get a lead on Harry and keep him clear as well. It was a small snake, copper in colour, very lethargic, with a small head and eyes. I suspect not poisonous, but I wasn't going to push my luck. Coming from Africa, I tend to think of all snakes as poisonous until proved otherwise ...

We've now got a temporary fence rigged and Harry is enjoying the garden, the flowers, the brds, the sunshine ...




Plus, of course, we live in the Taunus Nature Park - natural and 'managed' forest. So walks tend to be sorties into a world of other smells, animals, birds, the occasional dog and walker, cyclists and even horses, not to mention deer, the odd fox and a host of other denizens ...

What more could we want?


1 comment:

  1. Today was interesting. The frogs are here. Tis the season. Lots and lots of frogs. Some are poisonous so I can't let him get any of them. Makes me crazy on walks as they go hopping across the road. And definitely has to be supervised in the backyard.

    ReplyDelete