There was an error in this gadget

Saturday, 19 October 2013

New Blog

Today I am pleased to declare that I have installed a new Blog on my blogroll. It is the Blog set up by the Diocese of Gloucester and, though I don't agree with some of the articles posted, that is also acceptable. In a society like ours it is important that ALL views are expressed and considered. I have always believed that one should never read, listen to, or follow only one side of any discussion, no matter how strongly one feels on the subject. A balanced opinion can only be obtained if one considers all the information available on any given subject.

It will, I hope, not surprise many of my readers to realise that I do agree with far more on the Diocesan Blog than I take leave to differ on. That is probably also as it should be. I hope that readers here will go to the Gloucester blog and find a great deal to think about, perhaps discuss and even argue over. It is a new venture by the Diocese, and I hope it finds a wide audience, both within and without the church. Give it a try, I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised by some of the posts and topics. I have no doubt there will be articles you disagree with, but the 'other perspective' is an essential part of being informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment