There was an error in this gadget

Monday, 22 March 2010

Opthalmic pictures...

Off to the Opthalmology Department at Gloucester Royal Infirmary today to have some new pictures taken of my retinas. Yes, I know, too much information...

Before Christmas, during a routine eye examination a "mole" like mark was noticed on the retina in one eye. The surgeon did a check and decided that it wasn't something to be concerned about, but wanted clearer photographs so that is what I'm doing today. So if you notice someone with massively dilated pupils and trying to hide behind dark glasses....

Oh well, off to the Gloucester Royal... Getting home again could be interesting.

Update:

I now have one extremely dilated pupil, the result of drops so they could take the picture below. At least I know I have retinas and that they are intact. Also I can now prove I'm not some sort of positronic robot... I;ve managed to disguise the circuitry quite well I think!



The "object" of all the excitement is the little triangular dark spot in the left centre field. Apparently nothing to panic over - its the equivalent of a mole...

No comments:

Post a Comment