There was an error in this gadget

Thursday, 20 January 2011

Excitement in the Village

Our Freiwilliger Feuerwehr got called out yesterday and I got a chance to see them in action and to see the German 'back up' system at work. The fire was a comparatively minor one - a chimney on fire, though these can get nasty, especially if it penetrates into a roof space - but we had our own small pump and crew, plus two more, one from Wehen, one from Bleidenstadt and the Turntable Ladder from Freiwilliger Hahn.







You can get an idea of the steepness of Bornerstra├če from the last photo!

I have to admit that I was impressed by the skill of the Volunteer operating the Turntable Ladder. These pieces of kit are quite complex and even though they have a lot of safety features built in it still takes a lot of skill to operate one safely and smoothly. This operator did it like a pro - and I have some experience on this as I was, at one time, a TTL and HP operator!

No comments:

Post a Comment