There was an error in this gadget

Friday, 1 April 2011

Digging holes ...

Earlier this week Mausi and I decided we'd build a herbal spiral in our garden. Good plan, as it makes a nice feature - then I started digging. Did I mention we live near the top of a mountain? Rock you'd expect, but beneath the thin layer of shale-like rock is solid clay ...

Well, by Tuesday, the hole was dug and the layers of gravel begun. Then it rained. Did I mention the clay? ...

Nothing daunted, we laid out the first tier of the spiral border - and discovered I'd been a bit generous with my digging the hole. OK, so that's not hard to fix either, but we're making progress. Now, it's Friday, the hole is full of water and gravel, the spiral will be built tomorrow...

Now, where did we put the plug in here ....

1 comment:

  1. Had I popped in here sooner, I'd have suggested instead of digging down, perhaps you'd consider building up.

    But, it sounds like you're making do.
    I'm already envious of it!

    ReplyDelete