There was an error in this gadget

Thursday, 19 March 2009

Getting to grips

Getting to grips with the setup here on Blogger is proving interesting. So far I have discovered that the clock has reset to - I think - something like the Midwestern Time Zone in the US from my original GMT. Now I can't find a way to get it back to MY time. Not particularly critical, as long as I remember that if I post anything before midnight wherever, I have to reset the date and time manually. That would not, in itself, be disasterous, but just don't let the system set the "Scheduled" system in motion. The post goes into the box, scheduled to be posted at the date and time it has assigned itself - and then never appears as scheduled. This seems to be a glitch in Blogger itself because the Help Forum is full of people complaining about it!

The second thing is the way the system decides where your pictures are going to appear. Guess I can live with that, after all, it does give me several options on this, so hey, what difference does it make. Having access to all the tools and settings is interesting, especially as I am not that technically competent (yet!) at this and so am probably not reading things correctly and so have to play around until I find something that does more or less what I expect it to. Possibly not the best way to do it, but it works for me!

As the famous Cecil John Rhodes, the man whose vision was to have a British Empire controlled railway line from the Cape to Cairo all on British territory said on his deathbed - "So much to do, and so little time!"

No comments:

Post a Comment