There was an error in this gadget

Sunday, 15 March 2009

New start

I started blogging as The Gray Monk in November 2003 and have managed to do a daily post for most of that time. It has been something of a roller coaster as far as readership is concerned and I have enjoyed the friendship and fellowship of a number of people along the way. I still have my regular readers and regular reads and I have also, from time to time, had The Postulant, Church Mouse and now Mausi posting on my site. Church Mouse is now gone to her rest, but I certainly hope that The Postulant and Mausi will join me in this new site.

Why have I moved? Put simply, so that I can have a bit more control over the site, the way it looks and how it is laid out. MuNuvia has been great, but I was actually there on the back of another blog which is now inactive. Unfortunately that means I can't get at the templates, sidebars and layouts so material I wanted to change or things I wanted to put up simply can't be done. For the time being I plan to run this blog in parallel with my original, and see how things work out. I'm still struggling to figure out how to organise the sidebar and one or two other things, but so far, it looks good. Features I really like include the fact that there is a comment screening system built in. Some of my older readers will know that comment spam is a constant problem on my old site, though it has been seriously reduced in recent months since some fairly drastic measures were taken to deal with it.

Now all I have to do is find a way to import permissions for Mausi and The Postulant to post here as well. Oh, and sort out the sidebar!

No comments:

Post a Comment