There was an error in this gadget

Sunday, 20 December 2009

Famine and now feast

The last twelve weeks have been difficult from a faith perspective. I miss being able to attend Mass at least once a week and twelve weeks without attending congregational worship of any sort has been a bit of a stretch. So today I have had a feast. Deacon at the Said Mass, Deacon at the Parish Eucharist and Sub Deacon for the Sung Mass. All that's left now is the Carol Service.

The last couple of days have been busy as well. Twelve weeks away from home has left a huge pile of letters, bills, cards, statements and the inevitable junk mail has to go through. It has also left a large number of things that need dealing with immediately so I've burned the phone lines and the shoe leather and have managed to shift a number of things fairly quickly. There's still a lot to do, but it's getting there. Christmas shopping is still a problem though as I haven't got a clue as to what I can get for several people on my list and time is short.

And then I got an email today from Tehran setting out the "requirements" for the industrial course we are going back to run. In essence they are demanding a course, specific to a range of conditions that are impossible to fulfil with the equipment and facilities available. Looks like the first three weeks of January will be interesting to say the least.

To the devil with it - I'm going to enjoy the next few days as much as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment