There was an error in this gadget

Monday, 21 December 2009

Snow bound

Ironic isn't it? Everyone has this romantic image of a "white" Christmas, yet when we do get snow the whole country grinds rapidly to a halt. My local council hasn't gritted or dealt with the road and pavement outside my house and probably won't, so the surface is a sheet of ice, treacherous underfoot and all one can hear is cars slipping and sliding on it. Even more stupid is the fact that if I do anything to make the pavement round my fence safer I could be sued if any member of the public were to slip as a result - the exact opposite of the situation in Europe!

Perhaps this demonstrates more clearly than anything else that we are ruled by fools and incompetents and the only beneficiaries are the lawyers.

No comments:

Post a Comment