There was an error in this gadget

Friday, 15 July 2011

Fire Safety in ... a Massage Parlour???

The Greater Manchester Fire Safety team must have had a lot of research to do for this prosecution...

Massage parlour manager gets community service for fire safety breaches

I confess that I almost spilled my coffee laughing over the report that, alongside the blocking of a fire exit by using it as a "changing area," several of the rooms were considered 'dingy' and one at least was equipped with "restraints, manacles and chains." Well, I suppose that does restrict the options for escape in the event of fire - but how do you 'Risk Assess' these activities ...

OK, OK, I'll get serious for a moment. It can be done, but how you'd discuss it with the 'client' and keep a straight face I'm not at all sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment