There was an error in this gadget

Thursday, 5 April 2012

Tagged ...

Having been tagged by raaniyork here is my response -

Your questions:

1. What’s your favorite color?

Blue - if I'm wearing it. Red - if I'm driving it ...

2. If you get a plane ticket for free to go wherever you’d like – where would your final destination be?

Back home - after a trip to every country I'd still like to visit ...

3. Is there anything in your life you always wanted to do and never had the chance to?

Yes, quite a number of things. But when I look at all the other things I've done, I don't think I'd do it differently if I had to do it again.

4. Which one is your favorite movie classic? (Let’s say: Older than 20 years)

A tricky one, since I'm not a big movie fan. Probably ET, or Flight of the Navigator ... Both were slightly SciFi and a bit wacky!

5. If you were blond – would you mind the blonde-jokes (and of course if you ARE blonde – do you mind them?)

No. I think it's silly to get worked up about jokes and imagined slights. As the saying goes - "Sticks and stones ..."

6. What is it that always and 100% certain makes you laugh?

Oh, oh. I have a rather strange sense of humour. One thing that always gets me going though is when some occasion of great pomp starts to go a bit awry ... Like the Pope falling asleep during a sermon recently. Or my bishop loosing his zucetta (A little skullcap worn under the mitre) into the font while blessing the water in it ...

7. Where do you usually buy your clothes?

Wherever I can find the things I like to wear. Online for quite a lot lately, otherwise Peek and Clappenberg or Karstadt ...

8. Does wind bother you or do you like it?

Ah, now we're back to No. 3. Wind doesn't bother me. I enjoy sailing and that needs wind. Even a full on gale can be revitalising walking along a sea shore, feeling the wind, smelling the salt spray, or just listening to it rattle shutters or whine and moan around the house.

9. What is it that you dislike about high school reunions?

I don't go to many, so I've never really thought about this one. Perhaps, these days, its a sadness for those who showed so much potential and realised so little of it ...

10. Are you a cat or dog person?

I guess I'd have to say 'cat' - they seem to like me and attach themselves. Dogs trust me and seem to like me as well, so a bit of a dichotomy here!

11. Can movies make you cry and if yes – when was the last time you cried in a movie theater or in front of the TV?

I'd have to say yes. That said, I have done it, but can't remember the movie ... It was a while ago!

And now to work out who I'm tagging ...

Here goes - 

The challenge is to answer the same questions ...

Roses @ Ack! Thbbt!
Joan @ Da Goddess
Josephus - Right Here!

2 comments:

  1. 1. What’s your favorite color?

    Green.

    2. If you get a plane ticket for free to go wherever you’d like – where would your final destination be?

    Home, I'm not a traveller.

    3. Is there anything in your life you always wanted to do and never had the chance to?

    Only one, and I did have the chance but never had the opportunity and the money at the same time, and besides, there's time yet. Oh, yes; what was it? Jumping out of an aeroplane.

    4. Which one is your favorite movie classic? (Let’s say: Older than 20 years)

    Get Carter,(the original with M Caine.) it portrays the Newcastle, long gone, that I remember as a child.

    5. If you were blond – would you mind the blonde-jokes (and of course if you ARE blonde – do you mind them?)

    As a skinny young fireman my nick-name was "Belsen", in my young teens, courtesy of a stainless steel front tooth cap, it was "Goof"; you think I care about jokes or names... Besides, at my age, it's wossname's disease I'm worried about.

    6. What is it that always and 100% certain makes you laugh?

    Tough one; normally what doesn't make other people laugh. I'm in the Marge Simpson camp when it comes to looking around to see what everyone else is laughing at.

    7. Where do you usually buy your clothes?

    I buy clothes! I guess I must, but from wherever they are when I need some. People who've worn a uniform for 30-odd years, own a dinner suit, a black suit and some jeans and T shirts don't need to 'buy clothes'.

    8. Does wind bother you or do you like it?

    Assuming that you mean a type of climatic feature rather than a digestive disturbance, I love it, on the sea, in the mountains, whistling in the windows at night...

    9. What is it that you dislike about high school reunions?

    I haven't been to one for thirty-eight years. nearest was my Scout Troop 75th anniversary and I intend to go to the centenary next year too.

    10. Are you a cat or dog person?

    Either, Neither, Both; I've lived with up to four dogs and eleven cats in the house at any one time and have had one or the other continually since 1985, that said, between asthma and travel restrictions, I could do without.

    11. Can movies make you cry and if yes – when was the last time you cried in a movie theater or in front of the TV?

    Yes, probably either a Harry Potter or a LoTR DVD, When Neville makes the final blow in the Deathly Hallows he strikes a great blow for the world's thinkers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Done. You'll have to go back to the blog to read it, though. :)

    ReplyDelete