Traditional Persian painting, probably more properly ink and pen work, is exquisite and I came across this small illustration in a book recently. As I don't have a scanner here I had to try and photograph it and the result is pretty poor. It depicts the Virgin Mary and Christ Child surrounded by angels. I suspect that most Christians in the West would be unaware that Mary is held in high esteem in Islam as the mother of "the last Jewish Prophet".
Wednesday, 17 February 2010
Persian art
Traditional Persian painting, probably more properly ink and pen work, is exquisite and I came across this small illustration in a book recently. As I don't have a scanner here I had to try and photograph it and the result is pretty poor. It depicts the Virgin Mary and Christ Child surrounded by angels. I suspect that most Christians in the West would be unaware that Mary is held in high esteem in Islam as the mother of "the last Jewish Prophet".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment