There was an error in this gadget

Friday, 27 August 2010

I want a pet Alot a lot!

I just had to share this brilliant blog post: http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html

I know English is a living language that has always and will always mutate... but something in me dies a little when people manage to pass through 10+ years of school without understanding the appropriate use of "there" versus "their", or that there is a space between "a" and "lot". Top marks to the author of the above for finding humour in it!

1 comment:

  1. With you and the author of that Blog all the way. I used to have to just grit my teeth and suffer when marking university assignments because I was not allowed to deduct marks for poor spelling and abysmal grammar. There are people out there with literature degrees who can't use they're and their appropriately...

    ReplyDelete