There was an error in this gadget

Friday, 17 December 2010

Stormy weather

You know that a storm is going to be a bad one when someone 'names' it. The one that passed across Germany last night and yesterday, was named 'Petra' and she certainly made an impact. For the second time I could not get to my language course, the wind was drifting snow across the road to Bliedenstadt and even 4x4s were struggling.


The view from the patio doors after I had dug my way out through them ...

Petra dumped a huge amount of snow across Hessen, though we seem to have got of relatively lightly. This is the dry powdery stuff and I have to say, it does look pretty - but then I don't have to fight my way to work through it any longer. It is certainly looking more and more as if we will have a "White Christmas" this year. If so, it will be my first ever.

Something to look forward to I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment