There was an error in this gadget

Thursday, 3 September 2009

Dentists, banks and business ....

This morning I finally get the cap fitted to a premolar I broke three or four months ago. It has had a temporary cap for most of that time and, to be honest it won't take long to rip the temporary cap ff, clean off the glue remnants and fit the new one. But I am one of those people who would rather face some dangerous and challenging situation than recline in the dentists chair and let someone poke around in my mouth with a range of tools that look and sound like something out of the Dungeons-R-Us catalogue! Perhaps too many childhood experiences of "This won't hurt a bit!" and "You won't feel a thing!" have left me deeply suspicious of the profession. Fortunately my current dentist is a bit of an artist and good at his work. Still, it isn't a fun prospect. But at least there's nothing else needing attention ....

Unlike my bank, which has lost the really important Standing Order I handed in to them three weeks ago in preparation for my trip to Iran. They've asked for a duplicate but I know that scenario, been there before. Suddenly two deductions coming out when you've only got funds for one. And from Tehran I've got diddly chance of detecting that or sorting it out! So that will need to be addressed PDQ as well.

And then there is HMRC who want this years tax - and a half again "on account" for next year. Makes me wonder why I bother trying to make a living.....

No comments:

Post a Comment